Terms & Conditions
All charters begin at 17:00 of the start-date and finish at 09:00 of the end-date of the charter period, exclusively at the designated ports. The chartered yacht has to have returned to its end-port by 18:00 of the day preceding its end-date, at the latest.
Availability of the yacht(s) offered by Kavas Yachting can only be guaranteed on the actual day the offer is being made.
It is required by the Greek Port Authorities that at least two passengers of a bareboat yacht charter are certifiably qualified to navigate sailing yachts at open seas. However, in case only one passenger qualifies as such, the Port Authority will accept a formal written statement by a second passenger, that he/she carries open-sea experience (no proof will be required).
Charter fees include:
- The right to use the designated boat type along with its inventory
- All taxes & VAT 12%
- Insurance (for the yacht and third party liability, the passengers and sea pollution)
- Port fees for the day of embarkation and disembarkation (port of call).
- 24 hour emergency service by Kavas Yachting
Charter fees do not include:
- Any costs incurred during the sailing trip such as water and fuel consumption, provisions, port fees.
- Optional extras (upon request) such as local skipper, hostess, blister, wind-surf etc.
- End Cleaning (obligatory and payable in cash upon embarkation). It costs 35 Euro/cabin and it includes yacht’s cleaning, cooking gas, spare gasoline for outboard and bed linen, blankets, pillows, pillow cases and towels (1set/person).
Terms of payment
In order the charter-party to be valid, an advance payment equal to 50% of its total value has to be made to Kavas Yachting upon its signing. The remaining 50% will be payable 45 days before the start-date of the charter period, at the latest. It is noted that, in case a Charter Contract is signed regarding a charter period starting within the following 45 days or less, it has to be paid in full upon its signing.
Before embarking on the boat, the client will provide Kavas Yachting with a refundable deposit – in cash or credit card Visa/Master – intended to cover the cost for any loss or damage to the boat while on charter. The deposit is returned in full at the end of the charter period in case there is no damage or loss. Otherwise, the relevant cost is deducted from the deposit and the client will receive the balance.
Charter booking procedure
Upon deciding to actually book a charter proposed by Kavas Yachting, the client has to formally request an option (right) of booking for the specific boat, ports and dates of interest, which can only be offered for a few days. It is during this short period of time that the client will have to book the charter and settle the advance payment, after having finalized all details pertaining to the intended sailing holiday along with the other participants of his/her group.
A charter booking will not be considered valid and final, unless the client:
- Has returned to Kavas Yachting, a signed copy of the charter-party he/she will have previously received electronically (via email) and
- Has sent to Kavas Yachting, proof of payment of the advance payment mentioned earlier (50% of the total value of the Charter Contract).
- The Charter Contract will finally be considered valid upon payment of the remaining 50% of its total value, 45 days before the beginning of the charter period, at the latest.
In case a booked yacht charter needs to be cancelled on the client's initiative, the following terms will apply, as described in the Memorandum of Charter:
- 91+ days prior to embarkation: 30% of the total charter fee is withheld by Kavas Yachting. In case the yacht is booked by another client, only an administrative fee of 300€ will be held.
- 46 - 90 days prior to embarkation: 50% of the total charter fee is withheld by Kavas Yachting
- 45 - 1 days prior to embarkation: 100 % of the total charter fee is withheld by Kavas Yachting
Upon request from the client, Kavas Yachting can offer the following extras, at an additional cost:
|1||Skipper||150 € / day|
|2||Hostess/Cook||140 € / day|
|3||Outboard Engine||80 € / week|
|3||Windsurf / Kayak/ SUP||200 € / week|
|3||Yacht air-conditioning, where installed||300 € / week|